Alpharetta GA 30009, United States
Alpharetta GA 30009, United States
INP North America, Inc. is an affiliate of INP Deutschland GmbH, an owner-managed engineering company with its headquarters in Rhineland-Palatinate which specializes in providing our clients with the most advanced manufacturing automation technology available through our Engineering Services and Maintenance Department. Our technical competence spans all relevant automation disciplines including process development and simulation, system layouts, mechanical design, controls design, PLC and robot programming, vision inspection, and controls/robot/vision training.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA (North Atlanta Metro), INP North America Inc. is responsible for activities in North America with subsidiaries in Mexico and Canada.
Here at INP, we are proud of our high-energy, fast-paced work environment. We strive to be at the forefront of new and developing technology and are looking to reinforce our team with people who excel at facing and overcoming new challenges. This position involves being out to our customers nationwide and internationally on a regular basis.
INP is currently seeking for a Maintenance Technician to join the Engineering Services and Maintenance Department based in Alpharetta, GA.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager and the local Supervisor, the primary responsibility of this role is the installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of manufacture/production lines in different industries from Automotive and Manufacturing to Wastewater treatment, Food and Beverage.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the following:
• Maintain production up time on multi-million-dollar production equipment.
• Troubleshooting and solving of production down time issues caused by mechanical, electrical and operator issues.
• Troubleshoot and repair production/ manufacturing lines with programmable logic controllers.
• Provide technical support in developing and improving manufacturing and test processes and resolution of equipment failures.
• Installation of mechanical, electrical and electronic components.
• Assist in the integration, start-up and debug of highly automated production and manufacturing lines.
As a direct employee of the INP North America, Inc., you can expect:
• Excellent benefits including life, medical and dental coverage.
• Two weeks paid vacation and ten holidays.
• Opportunities for advancement.
• Competitive pay.
• Overtime pay.
• Dynamic work environment.
• Trade school graduate or two-year Associates degree in a mechanical, electrical, or mechanical technician program. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Be familiar with PLC programming and troubleshooting (Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley Control Logix).
• Be familiar with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Field Buses, HMI, SCADA, Vision Systems, AC motors, Servo Drives, robotics and variable frequency drives.
• Two years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting electromechanical and/or mechanical equipment. Successful candidate must have some working experience with fully automated
Manufacturing / Production environment. Service experience with Production lines is highly prized.
• Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers for word processing, data base functions and communications. Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software
• Familiarity with fieldwork and programming practices.
• Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend more than 80% of the time traveling. May be continuously away from home for as long as 3 months.
• Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
• Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
• Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations.
• Must be able to complete service, pass down concise and clear reports in the time frame required according to INP procedures.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Plus: Second Language (German / Spanish).
• Ability to work independently and problem solve.
• Demonstration of a professional attitude and courtesy towards others.
• Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
• US Citizenship or Authorization to work in the US.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• No Felony Convictions.
INP North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against by disability.
Job Type: Full-time