Field Service Engineer
Alpharetta GA 30009, United States
Alpharetta GA 30009, United States
SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE:
INP is currently seeking for a Field Service Engineer to join the Engineering Services and Maintenance Department based in Alpharetta, Ga.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, the primary responsibility of this role is to install, commission and troubleshoot of manufacture/production lines in different industries from Automotive to Wastewater treatment to Food and Beverage.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the installation, commissioning, integration, start-up and debug of highly automated production and manufacturing lines).
• Troubleshoot and repair production/ manufacturing lines with programmable logic controllers.
• Provide technical support in developing and improving manufacturing and test processes.
• Provide support in the analysis and resolution of equipment failures.
• Be an expert with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Field Buses, Vision Systems, AC motors, and variable frequency drives
• Be an expert with PLC troubleshooting (Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley Control Logix), Robotics and Vision system applications
• Communications Proficiency
• Strong Software skills
• Problem Solving
• Decision Making
• Coaching Skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Electrical, Mechatronic or Controls.
• Experience in troubleshooting electromechanical and mechanical equipment. The successful candidate must have some working experience with fully automated production lines. Service experience with Production lines is highly prized.
• Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend more than 80% of the time traveling. Maybe continuously away from home for as long as three month
• Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
• Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
• Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations.
• Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to INP procedures.
• Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers for word processing, database functions, and communications. Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required.
• 1-3 years of experience preferred in Manufacturing / Production environment
• Familiarity with fieldwork and programming practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Plus: Second Language (German / Spanish)
• Knowledge of technical controls and strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work independently and problem solve.
• Demonstration of a professional attitude and courtesy towards others.
• Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
• US Citizenship or Authorization to work in the US.
• Passport for International Travel
• Valid Driver’s License.
• No Felony Convictions.
This position is exempt and you may train/lead technicians.
Up to 80% travel may be expected. Ability to adapt quickly to new assignments is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position regularly requires to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Generally this is a first shift position. Based on customer requirements hours of operation may vary, 2nd or 3rd shift may be necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
INP North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against by disability.